Medsphere’s standard suite of interfaces includes functions related to core clinical processes and hospital functions, including admissions, discharge and transfer (ADT), charges, images, ADM machines and lab instruments. Medsphere's Interfaces and Technical Services Group (ITSG) leverages expertise with the Mirth Connect Engine while working with each customer’s technical team to deliver, test, deploy, and support standard interfaces.
Medsphere sample interfaces:
- The ADT Inbound interface enables OpenVista to receive ADT information from external sources, such as Patient Information Management Systems.
- The Radiology Image View/Link interface from an external Picture Archiving and Communications System to the Clinical Documentation module stores hyperlinks in the EHR to images from an external PACS system.
- The Document Image Inbound interface connects external scanning applications and equipment with the Medsphere Clinical Documentation module. This interface allows the EHR to capture and store electronic documents and images--TIF, PNG, JPG, BMP, and PDF files--in the patient record.
- The Automated Dispensing Machine interface supports widely used ADMs like Pyxis and Omnicell. The EHR sends medication orders and the ADM returns charge messages. Medsphere's Pharmacy Pricing Engine, if used, calculates price and sends it to the hospital financial system.
- The Charges interface enables adding the cost of laboratory tests, medications, radiology exams and supplies to the patient's bill. A charge message can be generated for any item that can be ordered, accessioned, or dispensed within the EHR. The charge trigger event is user defined.
- Data Innovations for Lab Instruments and Reference Lab interfaces offers a clinical laboratory middleware solution that interfaces to medical instruments like laboratory analyzers, automation equipment, and point-of-care devices. Data Innovations is flexible enough to fill different roles:
- As a consolidating front-end to a larger information system, separating the host from real-time demand and standardizing protocols
- As a value enhancer between instrumentation and an information system, filling those important gaps in functionality between the two
- As a stand-alone, small information system
Medsphere ITSG ensures data retention in the event of disaster or ransom scenario by providing essential systems administration:
- Server virtualization
- Data back up
- Real time fail over
Our experienced team includes senior interface engineers, senior interface MUMPS developers and senior systems administrators.